Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Hazelnut Plum Crumb Tart

I saw this recipe a couple weeks ago and had to make it because it just SOUNDED so good.  Say it out loud with me -- "Hazelnut. Plum. Crumb. Tart."  How could something that sounds so good possibly be bad?  Well... it's freaking fantastic.  My husband said he felt like he was eating something from Redwall.  If you didn't read those books, I'm sorry.

My springform pan was too large, so my tart was very shallow and had no side crust.  Didn't mean it was any less delicious.  You could probably just combine the crust, fruit, and custard in a cereal bowl and it would still taste amazing, though certainly would be less pretty.

Use 2 or 3 different plums if you can find them.  It makes life more interesting.  My next version will feature apricots.

No comments:

Post a Comment